Here is a prototype I made for a fictional internet service provider, Spectacle Communications. This was a "full project in a week" scenario.
My goal was to make it easier to access a user's account or report an outage.
On most utility companies, they bury this under an Account button, and make the primary information about buying more services or bundles.
I didn't neglect real estate for a bundle ad, as that is just underneath the primary buttons of "Manage an Account" and "Report an Outage."
All of these objectives weren't done in a bubble.
I did an interview to see if there were pain points to address.
I created a user journey map as well to see if there was any particulars I was missing during a user's journey to finding an internet service provider, as well as other services an ISP might provide.
Having more time, I would have sketched out some wireframes using the Crazy 8s method.
Instead I went right into Figma and built out a prototype and got feedback.
Below is Bethany Shepard's video feedback, and my own notes to follow during the user test.
I also chose to user test my prototype on a second person—my good friend on the west coast, Scott Pillow. He provided great feedback as well.
Having all this user research and data, I can now go back and tool the prototype to accomplish the goals the users and I set out for, as well as iterate to get it to a polished form that will engage stakeholders.